Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Project: Let's Start with a Boat Neck

I've finally gotten around to writing "About Me" on my profile, and this got me thinking about my sewing goals. I've decided I'd like to continue to teach myself how to draft patterns, using Cal Patch's Design-It-Yourself Clothes: Patternmaking Simplified, but I'd ultimately like to acquire the skills to make my own vintage style clothing without store bought patterns.A lofty goal, I know! Being a novice I know I need to start off simple. So, last night, I started drafting a boat neck shell. Something like this:


I took my measurements and plotted them on newsprint. You'll have to forgive the funky lighting in these pictures- some "home improvements" have left us without electricity in parts of the house.





I used a flexible ruler to draft the neckline and armhole.



Next I'll lay out the pattern and cut out the pieces. I'm guessing that Audrey is probably not wearing cotton knit, but that's what I'll be using.

No comments:

Post a Comment