Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Sloper Success








Finally! I think I've gotten my sloper to a point where I can use it for the basis of a garment I'll actually wear. It's not perfect, but I think it's time to move on! That's right, this is only a test, not my new country western dance outfit. The bandana print is leftover from some sleep pants I made for Stephan some years ago.

Note the gifts in the background- That's right, it's my birthday eve!











Here's the back:




And a close up of the sleeve:





Such a tedious process. Every time I made an adjustment on the muslin, I'd make a corresponding adjustment on the newsprint pattern. My next step will be to use the newsprint version to draft the pattern for the Peter Pan collared dress I've been wanting to make.

Happy New Year everyone! I'm off to roast a chicken and soak some black eyed peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment